- The Centre has proposed a Rs 100 crore spiritual tourism circuit for Kerala and assured steps to declare Sabarimala as a national Pilgrimage Centre.
- Steps would be taken to declare the Lord Ayyappa temple at Sabarimala as a National pilgrimage Centre under the ‘Prasadam Scheme’ of the Union Tourism Ministry.
- The scheme is totally devoted to spiritualism, which has been the strength of the nation especially, that of Kerala.
- The Union Minister also said that the Centre would take the initiative to include Aranmula village, known for its unique culture and values, in the UNESCO’s heritage list.
- It would help the second phase of tourism development projects linking Sabarimala-Aranmula and Kadammanitta Villages, already taken up by the state government.
Source: Niti Central