- An e-market in Karnataka has been so successful that the NDA government is setting aside politics and holding up the Congress-ruled state’s programme as a model for all others.
- Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh told that he is taking a delegation from 21 states to Hubli to “see, learn and replicate” the Karnataka system in their states.
- The delegation, including ministers from all political parties, is coming on Thursday and Friday.
- Centre also has big plans to connect farmers and traders from across the country on the National Agriculture Market, an e-platform.
- Singh said there is a need for uniformity in levies and licenses across the country, so that trading can happen as per a single law and a single marketing policy.
- Karnataka has connected all its major 55 markets and has set up a web-enabled portal that records all the lots of products available for sale.
- Each of the state’s 30,000 traders have been given a username and password.
- The e-market platform also allows bilateral trade and fixed price, like the minimum support price given by the government.
Source:The Economic Times