- The Centre plans to soon rank states and union territories on their readiness to roll out direct benefit transfer scheme for all subside.
- The move to come up with a ranking is aimed at generating awareness among places to help them plug the gaps in the delivery system and spurring competition among them to vie for the top slot.
- The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion has decided to rank states on the basis of ease of doing business.
- DBT Mission, has entrusted the task of preparing a DBT Readiness Index to the National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER).
- The emphasis is initially on food and kerosene subsidy.
- The states will be ranked on the basis of policy and incentive framework, availability of soft and hard infrastructure, and the ability of the state to the official.