- The government gave the green signal for the Rs 11,950-crore Peripheral Ring Road (PRR) proposed by the Bangalore Development Authority (BDA).
- The project aims to decongest vehicular traffic in Bengaluru in a big way.
- The cost of acquiring 1,910 acres, which works out to Rs 8,100 crore, will be borne by the BDA and the state government.
- The cost of executing the project, Rs 3,850 crore, will be provided by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JAICA).
- The project was conceived 10 years ago but litigation over land had stalled it.
- Work begins in 3-4 months and is expected to complete in 3 years.
- The PRR will be a 65-km, eight-lane project around the Outer Ring Road (ORR).
- The ORR will link Tumakuru Road and Hosur Road, intersecting Dodaballapur Road, Ballari Road, Old Madras Road and Sarjapur Road.