Name of the scheme: Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) for ST students
Purpose: To provide financial assistance to the Scheduled Tribe students studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stage.
- Income criteria- Scholarships are paid to students whose parents’/guardians’ income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2.50 lakh per annum.
- All children of the same parents/guardian are eligible.
- Candidates who have passed the matriculation or higher secondary or any higher examination from a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education.
- Students studying through correspondence courses.
- Employed students on leave without pay for the entire duration of a full time course are eligible for course.
- Candidates who already are receiving scholarships from central or state government will not be eligible.
- Study tours charges up to a maximum of Rs. 1600/- per annum.
- Fees for enrolment/registration, tuition, games, Union, Library, Magazine, Medical Examination and such other fees compulsorily payable by the scholar to the Institution or University/Board.
- Thesis typing and printing charges up to a maximum of Rs. 1600/- for the research scholars.
- Annual allowance of Rs.1200/- for essential/prescribed books, besides reimbursement of course fees to correspondence course students.
- Apart from this, hereunder has been mentioned the maintenance allowance-
|Groups||Rate of Maintenance allowance (in Rupees per month)|
|Group-I||(i) Degree and Post Graduate level courses including M.Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral research in Medicine (Allopathic, Indian and other recognized systems of medicines), Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary & Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance /Administration, Computer Science/ Applications.
(ii) Commercial Pilot License (including helicopter pilot and multiengine rating) course.
(iii) Post Graduate Diploma courses in various branches of management & medicine.
(iv) C.A./I.C.W.A./C.S./I.C.F.A. etc.
(v) M.Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral Programmes (D. Litt., D.Sc. etc.) –
a) In existing Group II courses
b) In existing Group III courses
|(i) Graduate/ Post Graduate courses leading to Degree, Diploma, Certificate in areas like Pharmacy (B Pharma), Nursing (B Nursing), LLB, BFS, other para-medical branches like rehabilitation, diagnostics etc., Mass Communication, Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics, Commercial Art, Financial Services (e.g. Banking, Insurance, Taxation etc.) for which entrance qualification is minimum Sr. Secondary (10+2).
(ii) Post Graduate courses not covered under Group-I e.g. M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./M.Ed./M.Pharma etc.
|Group – III||All other courses leading to a graduate degree not covered under Group I & II eg. BA/B Sc/B Com etc.||
|All post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class X), e.g. senior secondary certificate (class XI and XII); both general and vocational stream, ITI courses, 3 year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc.||
How to apply?
Visit here to apply