- Central railways has started with the I.C.U facility on rails.
- Train accident victims can expect faster treatment in case of accidents.
- The fully air-conditioned van offers all the facilities, including medical professionals and equipment, that one needs in an Intensive Care Unit.
- The van has an ambulance on rail with accommodation of 7 to 8 persons.
- The van will be deployed ideally to ferry victims who fall within the limit from 50 to 200 km.
- Central Railways has developed two such vans at its Matunga Workshop. One more coach is also under development taking the total number to three in future.