Name of the Scheme: Scheme of Strengthening Education among Scheduled Tribe (ST) Girls in Low Literacy Districts
Purpose: The scheme aims to bridge the gap between the general female population and tribal women in terms of literacy, through facilitating 100% enrolment of tribal girls in the identified Districts or Blocks, more particularly in naxal affected areas and in areas inhabited by Primitive Tribal Groups (PTGs), and reducing school drop-outs at the elementary level by creating the required atmosphere for education.
Eligibility of the organizations:
Voluntary Organization (VO)/Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) have to fulfil the following requirements:
- Must be registered for at least 3 years
- Must have experience of at least 3 years in successfully running and maintaining hostels and/or educational complexes.
- Must have financial viability to continue the work for limited periods if in the case of delay or absence of assistance from the Ministry.
- Must have good reputation and credentials, especially for guaranteeing the security and safety of the hostellers.
- Must have good network with other institutions including Panchayati Raj for utilization of resources allocated and assets created.
- A monthly cash stipend of Rs. 100/- will be provided to primary level girl students and Rs.200/- for middle/secondary level girl students for coaching/special tuitions.
- Monthly cash incentives of Rs. 100/- will be provided at primary level (up to class V) and Rs.200/- at middle and secondary levels (classes VI to XII) to meet their daily expenses.
- ST girl students will be additionally motivated through periodical awards like bicycles, watches, etc. as would be decided by the Ministry, on passing Class VIII, X and XII.
- Primers will be prepared in at least 5 major tribal languages selected in coordination with the Ministry of Human Resource Development, for use of children up to Class III.
For more information, visit here
Application form is given here