Name of the scheme: One-Stop Centre Scheme
Purpose: Gender Based Violence (GBV) is a global health, human rights and development issue which goes beyond geography, class, culture, age, race and religion to affect every country of the world. In India also, there are many facets of sexual violence being carried upon women. So, the Ministry of Finance has established ‘Nirbhaya Fund’ with an initial corpus of Rs. 1000 cr. for women safety pertaining to the strategic areas of prevention, protection and rehabilitation.
- Choosing a location to set up such centres, the first preference would be to obtain suitable and adequate accommodation having carpet area of at least 132 sq.m. with hospital / medical facilities easily available.
- A provision of Rs.7.54 crore has been kept for construction of 20 Centres.
- The One Stop Centre will provide support and assistance to women affected by violence, both in private and public spaces.
- Girls less than 18 years of age are referred to the Centre; they will also be served in coordination with authorities/institutions established under the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000 and Protection of Children from Sexual Offence Act, 2012.
|SL No.||Type of Services||Service Provider|
· Referral to hospital through helpline/Centre.
· If required, provide ambulance.
|· Centre Administrator through empanelled hospital/medical practitioner/paramedical staff
· Public and private ambulance providers
Facilitate/Assisting in filing First Information Report (FIR/NCR)
|· A Police Officer to facilitate the process.|
|3||Psycho-social support/ counselling||· Empanelled counsellors on pro-bono basis or for honorarium|
|4||Legal aid/counselling||· Lawyers empanelled with District Legal Services Authority (DLSA/SLSA) or empanelled on pro-bono basis or for honorarium|
· Short stay with food and clothing
· Referral to shelter homes for prolonged stay
|· One Stop Centre for short stay
· Swadhar Homes /Short Stay Homes / other Shelter Homes for long stay
|6||Video Conferencing Facility||To facilitate police and court proceedings|
For more information regarding the scheme, click here