- Central government employees going abroad need to disclose estimated expenditure and source of funds prior to their visits, according to a draft policy formed by the centre.
- They also need to give details of such trips taken by them during the past four years.
- Employees need to give details of period of travel, name of countries to be visited, purpose, estimated expenditure (travel, boarding, lodging, visa, miscellaneous, etc) and sources of funds.
- The permission to employees to go abroad may be denied in the interest of security.
- Individuals, facing investigation or inquiry on serious charges, who may try to evade apprehension by police authorities or facing the inquiry may also not be permitted to leave the country.
- The DoPT has written to all ministries and departments seeking their view on the new format by July 10.
Source: NITI Central