- Centre is planning to set up a plastic industry park in Manipur on 500 acres of land and will double the intake capacity at plastic engineering institute CIPET in Imphal.
- Inaugurating the newly constructed academic and hostel blocks at Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology (CIPET), Chemicals and Fertilisers minister Anant Kumar said the institute will be further expanded at a cost of Rs 13 crore.
- The Centre will set up additional hostel facility with Rs 9 crore and enhance the technical infrastructure facility with Rs 4 crore investment, Kumar said in a statement.
- Requesting the state government to provide five acres of additional land to the institute for expansion, the Minister said, such expansion will result in doubling the present intake capacity of students at CIPET.
- Minister for Chemicals & Fertilisers assured the State Government to extend support from Government of India for initiation of Plastics Park and requested the State Government to provide 500 acres of land.
- Kumar was accompanied by the Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh at the function.
- Singh said the services rendered by the institute helped in promoting the plastics industries in Manipur as well as enriching the living standards of unemployed youth through gainful employment.
Source: PTI JTR ABK