The government of India has launched scheme on watershed development.
- To protect hill slopes of jhum areas through water and soil conservation measures on watershed basis.
- Reduce land degradation
- To encourage and assist Jhumia families to develop jhum land for productive uses and improve cultivation
- Improve the socio-economic status of Jhumia families
- Improve technology
- Assistance is provided to state government only
- It helps the Jhumia families financially
- 100% additional central assistance to north eastern state
How to avail:
State government can contact in Joint Secretary, Department of agriculture and cooperation.
For More Details: Click Here