Policy Research Analyst – 4
Summer Internship 2016
Deadline: April 30, 2015
Starting Date: Immediately (May – December)
Duration: 2-4 months (min of 2 months)
Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Organization: The Indian Iris
The Indian Iris is a research based social venture which helps people in availing assistance under government policies and schemes. Through our research and awareness campaigns we cover several states of India including Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Bihar and others. Helping the citizens of India through information is our primary goal. We work in partnerships with NGOs, institutes, and interested companies, national and international organizations and networks. Our work involves decoding complex policies and schemes and creating a accessible database.
Qualification and Job profile:
The Indian Iris is looking for summer interns. The person would be required to work on knowledge building, database management, researching on policies and schemes. The candidates must have an excellent academic record and excellent in writing (speed with accuracy).
Key Qualifications include:
- B.E./ B Tech, Pre final year / MBA Pre final year
- M.Phil/Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Law, Political Science, Development Studies, Economics, English or any other related subject is preferred.
- Minimum of 65% (or equivalent) throughout
- Excellent research and writing skills. A record of undertaking research and writing of papers, reports and presentations.
- Ability to present findings in a concise, creative and readable format.
- Capacity to work in and to initiate consultative work processes.
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute and engage as part of a team.
- Good command over MS Word and MS Excel
- The job will involve in-house training.
- The Applicants must have their own laptops.
For an 8 week internship, the total stipend will vary from Rs. 8500 to Rs. 18500 based on performances. Each intern will get a certificate after successful completion of the internship. Performance of interns will be reviewed on weekly basis.
The applicant should send a CV, a statement of interest (200-300 words) stating what the applicant brings to the position. Only short-listed candidates will be called for the final round of interview.
Please send your CVs to email@example.com