- Telecom minister has said that, call drop issue would be resolved within a month, even as he termed the protest against tower radiation a ‘sinister’ campaign hampering network functioning.
- The call drop problem during peak hours in one year has almost doubled, as per a report of telecom regulator Trai.
- Telecom operators often approached the government to help them allay fear among people of ill effects from mobile tower radiations so they can easily install towers.
- The companies have brought to notice of the government about residents protest against mobile tower and hampering their functioning.
- The minister said the government is doing its duty and telecom operators need to perform theirs by optimising, synchronising and making adequate investments to improve mobile networks.
Call drop woes to end soon : Ravi Shankar Prasad
Government has exempted use of wireless requencies from licensing requirement for short-range microphones like cordless phones, radars, ...