- Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao inaugurated a Rs.300 crore bus manufacturing plant at Kodakachani village in Medak district.
- Set up by Deccan Auto Limited, it is the first bus plant to come up in the newly created state.
- The plant has the capacity to produce 3,000 buses annually in the initial phase.
- Located in a 75-acre area, the first module has been built on 18 acres with a covered area of 200,000 square feet.
- Chandrasekhar Rao said the Telangana State Road Transport Corporation (TSRTC) would soon place an order for the buses.
- The chief minister said he was pleased to commission the first bus plant in the state which would provide employment to 5,000 people.