- As part of creating jobs in various fields in Andhra Pradesh, there is an increase in number of global players that are showing up their interest in the state.
- The Govt. of Andhra Pradesh has signed several Government-and-Business (G2B) and Government-to-Government (G2G) MoUs after Chief Minister of the state, Shri Nara Chandrababu Naidu visited Singapore, Japan, Davos (World Economic Forum) and China.
Here’s a gist of investments and MoUs signed so far:
China – April 2015
- Total of 29 MoUs were signed across Beijing, Chengdu and Shanghai, including 17 Government to Business (G2B) and 12 Business to Business (B2B) MoUs
- MoUs were signed in sectors such as Energy/Power Generation, Infrastructure, Construction and Engineering, Textiles & Apparel, Toys manufacturing, Non-metallic materials, cement equipment, Agriculture & Food, Chemicals & Resources, Housing.
- Subsequent to the delegation from Andhra Pradesh, Guizhou International Investment Corporation (GIIC) and KSEZ (GMR group) have signed an MoU with proposed investment of approximately USD 500 million in setting up a high tech engineering park in Kakinada SEZ
Singapore – November 2014 & March 2015
- The Government of Singapore along with Surbana and Jurong has given the Capital Region Master Plan in March 2015 and Detailed Capital City Master Plan on May 25, 2015.
- GoAP learnt – urban, transport planning; tourism promotion etc.
- GoS to assist in capacity building/trainings.
- MoU signed for Master Planning of Seed Capital in December 2014.
Davos– January 2015
- Met top international and national political and industry leaders like Bill Gates, Satya Nadella, Sheryl Sandberg of Facebook and several other delegates – they voiced interest in AP.
- Sectors discussed – retail, renewable energy, FMCG, auto, pharma, IT, defence, water, irrigation, O&G, minerals, skill, health, finance.
- Open Trust Corporation of Canada and Swiss Solar Technology Consortium.
- Spain India Business Council invited a delegation of GoAP officials to Spain.
Japan – November 2014
- MoU was signed with Sumitomo Corporation for developing food processing sector, in particular where Sumitomo Corporation would assist GoAP by seeking foreign investments through their global network in order to enhance export and the value of product.
- MoU was signed with METI which included launch of Working Group consisting of Embassy of Japan, New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO), Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC), Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) and the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for facilitating investment from Japan to Andhra Pradesh, in various fields such as urban development, infrastructure, manufacturing, agriculture, food processing and IT.
- The development of Japanese industrial parks in Andhra Pradesh is also to be supported by METI and relevant governmental organizations.
In the past 12 months, investments/projects worth Rs.40,000 crore have been turned into reality. This will translate into several job opportunities for the youth.