Indian Armed Forces have ordered a fourth regiment of BrahMos missiles and plan to order another two accordingly for the fifth and sixth regiment.
- BrahMos Aerospace was founded in 1998, and named in honour of the Brahmaputra River in India and the Moscow River in Russia.
- There is a joint venture of Russia-India company BrahMos Aerospace, which manufactures the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile. The three other military regiments will be equipped with the BrahMos, testing an aviation-compatible version of the BrahMos-A, and also developing smaller versions of the Brahmos-NG and hypersonic BrahMos-2.
- In the past year, a total of 62 missiles have been delivered to the army, navy and air force against the contracted, for delivery of 60 missiles, along with the delivery of ground systems to the first BrahMos Squadron of the Indian Air Force.
- The testing of the BrahMos-A would take place on-board a Su-30MKU this year.
- So far, BrahMos has also successfully handed over three Technical Positions (TP) to the Indian Army and two TPs for the IAF in different locations in the Western, Central and Eastern sectors of India.
Source: Defence News