- American aviation Boeing is planning to assemble Apache or Chinook defence helicopter in India.
- Boeing sees growth in India for civil aviation market, estimates that the country requires 1,800 aircraft over the next two decades.
- Keeping the growing market and in order to attract more customers Boeing is planning to producing more fuel-efficient, green, longer-flying capable planes to reduce the flying cost.
- Boeing sees India’s uncertain tax rule as a hazards for Investments.
- The defence ministry, while finalizing the chopper order of worth $3 billion, said that contract will have a 30% offset clause and bring in business worth $1 billion for the Indian defence industry.
Source: Economic Times