- Boeing and Tata Advanced Systems ( TASL) have agreed to work together on manufacturing aerospace and defence equipment including unmanned aerial vehicles.
- The collaboration, which is in line with the government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative, will not only work in the domestic market but will also be for international markets.
- The two firms intend to sell into markets products that they have jointly developed.
- TASL will produce Chinook helicopter parts in India even before the procurement contract is signed with the Indian government.
- Government is in the process of clearing a contract worth over USD 2.5 billion for 22 Apache attack helicopters and 15 Chinook heavy-lift choppers.
Source: Defence News