The Biotechnology Ignition Grant (BIG) scheme of the Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), Government of India. The scheme enables technology innovators and entrepreneurs to pursue a promising technology idea, and establish and validate proof of concept (POC) for the idea. By funding establishment and validation of POC, BIRAC wishes to help innovators and entrepreneurs advance an idea closer to eventual commercialization/implementation in the form of technology licenses or creation of start-up companies or raising investments for the company. The scheme aims to support high-risk technology ideas with considerable potential for impact.
To support projects that aim to establish or validate proof of concept for a promising and innovative technology idea.
The funding is provided over a maximum period of 18 months in installments against agreed milestones. Proposed project duration can range from 15 to 18 months. No request for extension shall be entertained under any circumstance.
- The funding support offered by BIRAC under BIG scheme is in the form of grant-in-aid. No royalty will be charged on the disbursed fund.
- The funding level is up to Rs. 50 lakhs
- The Applicant should be an Indian citizen and has to be physically incubated in an incubator and produce a recommendation.
- They must provide termination for full-time association of project.
- Applicants from non-profit/research organisation need to furnish an NOC.
- The Promoter/shareholder of any LLP is not eligible.
For More Info: Click Here