To assist the needy disabled persons in procuring durable, sophisticated and scientifically manufactured, modern, standard aids and appliances that can promote their physical, social and psychological rehabilitation, by reducing the effects of disabilities and enhance their economic potential Department of Social Welfare, Bihar Government has launched ADIP scheme.
- Should be certified by a Registered Medical Practitioner that he/she is disabled and fit to use prescribed aid/appliance.
- Person who is employed/self-employed or getting pension and whose monthly income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 10,000/- per month.
- In case of dependents, the income of parents/guardians should not exceed Rs. 10,000/- per month.
- Persons who have not received assistance from the Government, local bodies and Non-Official Organizations during the last 3 years for the same purpose. However, for children below 12 years of age this limit would be 1 year.
- Full cost of aid if income is up to Rs.6500 per month.
- 50% of the cost of aid / appliance if income is between Rs.6501 and Rs.10000 per month.
How to Apply:
Individual has to submit applications through concerned State Government/UT Administration/National Institute/Regional Rehabilitation Training Centre/District Rehabilitation Centre/any other agency authorized by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
For Details: Click Here