- Unlicensed, underage motorists are a big threat to the already worsening traffic condition in our country leading to thousands of road accidents every year.
- Bangalore Police are planning to recommend to the regional transport offices (RTOs) to cancel licences of such parents.
- The worst part is when children take two-wheelers out during nights when they gather in groups and start racing or performing stunts.
- Recently, the High Court of Karnataka has asked the police to book parents for minors riding/driving and under section 184, parents can be sent to jail for six months or fined up to Rs 1,000, or both.
- The police have resorted to this stringent approach as the minors cannot be booked under the law, so they have decided to book their parents.
- Police are going to seize the vehicle when minors are caught riding/driving.
- Police will call the owner of the vehicle and seize the driving licence and vehicle’s registration certification book until the case is over.
Source: Bangalore Mirror