- Madhya Pradesh Government has introduced a GPS-based Android mobile phone application to check attendance of teachers in schools across the state.
- The state government has implemented the novel experiment of taking e-attendance.
- Now the attendance of teachers will be taken through GPS-based Android application.
- The move is aimed at checking attendance of teachers who play truant, and it is based on the lines of a successful experiment which was implemented in government schools in Indore division last year.
- Nearly 95 per cent teachers in Indore division are covered by this application and in districts like Dhar and Burhanpur, almost all teachers were registering their attendance through this Android app.
- Teachers can now send even their leave application through this mode and they can also get approval of the same on this medium.
- With the introduction of this application, improvement in quality of education in the division is visible.
- From July 1, it will be mandatory for all government teachers of the division.
Source:PTI HWP MAS NSK .