- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said that policymakers should come out from regulatory mindset and should provide a better quality of life to citizens and minimizing the role of the government.
- He said the use of technology has helped in improving the system of filing income tax returns and expeditiously providing refunds.
- He also said that processes which have the interface with the public should take simplification exercise.
- He quoted that JAM (Jan Dhan Yojana, Aadhaar and Mobile) has helped in saving leakages.
- He pointed to delays in judicial process and said foreign investors insist on arbitration in other countries and start with a statement of no confidence because of the pace of Indian courts. He stated that The time between the decision of investment and the action of investment should be reduced to promote industries
- He said that major reforms are needed for enhancing police citizens relationship
- Speaking at the National Workshop on Citizen-Centric Governance, he said the role of the state should be minimised… the government’s monopoly must end