FM Mr. Arun Jaitley is expected to inaugurate the two—day India Investment Summit starting from February 4th with an objective to attract longer-term investment in the infrastructure sector. Mr. Jaitley is also expected to launch the logo of National Infrastructure and Investment Fund (NIIF) during the summit.
- Various pension and sovereign wealth funds from global arena are also probable participants in the summit.
- The summit will witness multiple sessions focusing on current statuses, outlook and investment opportunities in developing urban infrastructure as well as investment opportunities in sectors like power and renewable energy, railways and road transport etc.
- This summit also prioritizes India’s long quest for foreign investments through initiatives like Make-in-India to enhance economic growth as well as to generate direct and indirect employment.
- Top Bureaucrats from finance and infrastructure and other media personalities will be attending the summit. Managing Director of Abu Dhabi Investment Authority Mr. H H Sheikh Hamid Bin Zayed Al Nahyan will deliver a special address during the inaugural session.
- The summit will also have a special session namely ‘State Sessions’ where states such as Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Gujarat and West Bengal will display opportunities for big investments. The Ministry of Finance is looking for participation from SWFs for the Rs. 40,000 cr. fund for NIIF. The NIIF will work as a nodal agency which will facilitate to fund long-term projects.
Discussions will also happen regarding huge lone-term infrastructure investment opportunities in India. At the same time a brochure of possible list of infrastructure projects to be funded will be released.