Name of the scheme: Artists Pension Scheme and Welfare Fund
Purpose: The main purpose of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to artistes, writers etc. those who are eligible of benefits under this scheme.
- To be eligible for assistance under the Scheme, a person’s contribution to art and letters, etc must be of significance. Traditional scholars who have made significant contribution in their fields would also be eligible notwithstanding the absence of any published works.
- Income criteria- Personal income of the applicant (including income of the spouse) must not exceed Rs. 4,000/- per month.
- Age criteria– The applicant should not be less than 60 years of age (This does not apply in the case of dependents). The artist who are below the age of 40 years and want to claim the Artist Pension in future should immediately register themselves under the Atal Pension Scheme. However, from the year 2035 onwards, no new artist will be entertained by the ministry of Culture under this scheme because the applicants will be covered under Atal Pension Yojna.
- For in-between period the artists who are awardees (State Awardees or National Awardees) and who can substantially prove their source of earning from the art activity during their active age will be eligible to apply. Such applicants should be recommended by the State Government and physically inspected by one of the organizations of Ministry of Culture before bringing it to the Expert Committee.
Nature of assistance:
- Assistance from the Government may be in the form of monthly allowance.
- States/UT will contribute Rs. 500 per month per beneficiary.
- The monthly allowance contributed by the Central Government in such cases shall not exceed Rs. 3,500/- per month per beneficiary.
In case of death:
On the death of a recipient, the said financial assistance may be continued at the discretion of the Central Government after examining the financial condition of the dependants.
The mode of payment, in case of death of the recipient, of financial assistance will be as under:
- For spouse: Till life
- For dependants: Till marriage or employment or up to the age of 21 years, whichever is earlier.
For more information contact-
- Section Officer, 210, IInd, ‘D’Block, Puratatva Bhawan, G.P.O. Complex, I.N.A. NewDelhi-110023. Ph: (011)-24642165
- Ms. Jasmeet Kochhar, Manager (P & GS), Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), 6th & 7th Floor, Jeevan Parkash, 25, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi- 110001.
- Contact Numbers for Enquiries: 23708275, 23705953
- Fax No. 23350832
- E –mail: [email protected]
Purpose of Welfare Fund Scheme: The Purpose of this fund shall be to provide financial help to the artists who are getting financial assistance under this Scheme and after death of the Artist, his/her dependents.
- The Artists who are getting financial assistance under this Scheme and after death of the Artist, dependent on the artist.
- On the death of the artist, the mode of financial assistance to dependent family members will be as under :
- Spouse – After the death of the artist, financial assistance, in case of necessity, will first be granted to the spouse of the Artist.
- For dependents – Till marriage or employment or upto the age of 21 years, whichever is earlier.
Click here for more details