- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has directed officials concerned to complete all works related to ‘Godavari Pushkaram’ by the end of this month.
- The 12-day festival will commence from July 14. Naidu, who held a meeting with officials last night, said 80 per cent of the works related to Godavari Pushkaram are at different stages of completion while works costing Rs 200 crore are pending.
- Works worth Rs 800 crore have been initiated for the festival.
- CM told the officials that, all works allocated should be complete by June end.
- The Chief Minister said ‘Godavari Harathi’ for the river here will commence from July 1 and from that day ‘Harathi’ will be performed for the river daily and several programmes including devotional and cultural will commence.
- The administration is making adequate arrangements for ‘Godavari Pushkaram’, a festival of river Godavari which occurs once in 12 years.
- The previous Pushkaram festival was held in 2003 wherein over 58 lakhs pilgrims from various parts took part in united Andhra Pradesh.
Source:PTI COR NRB PRM RDS .