- Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh exudes confidence over tackling deficient monsoon, minimising production losses and its possible impact on overall economy.He also pointed that the government is working on bringing a new crop insurance policy by end of this year to protect farmers’ income.
- To control the price rise in pulses,the minister stated that the government is working on improving domestic supplies through imports and collecting all possible data regarding the issue.
- Singh agrees to the forecast that there would b some losses in event of deficit rain or any such problem but is confident over the policies and the measures to be taken to minimize the damage to agricultural sector and overall economy.
- The minister stated that the ministry is working hard and is ready with plans for 580 districts and is getting assistance by the state govt and agricultural research bodies.
- Deficient monsoon has been forecasted by the Met department and revised to 88 per cent from 93 per cent with north-west region of country to be hit the most.
- Last year, the country had received 12 per cent less rains, which hit production of grains, cotton and oilseeds.
Agricultural minister ensures that government is prepared to tackle deficient monsoon
Government of India is committed to accord high priority to water conservation and its management. ...