- Total number of 1,10,657 tourist arrived on e-Tourist Visa during January- May 2015 as compared to 9,841 during January- May 2014, registering a growth of 1024.4% .
- The Government of India launched Tourist Visa on Arrival (TVoA) enabled by Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA), presently known as e-Tourist Visa scheme, on 27th November 2014 for 43 countries.
- The Government extended this Scheme to the citizens of Guyana and Sri Lanka in January, 2015 and April, 2015, respectively.
- The e-Tourist Visa facility is extended to the nationals of 31 countries in May, 2015.
- During the month of May 2015, a total of 15,659 tourist arrived on e-Tourist Visa as compared to 1,833 during the month of May 2014, registering a growth of 754.3%.
- This high growth may be attributed to introduction of e-Tourist Visa for 76 countries as against coverage of earlier TVoA scheme for 12 countries.
- The percentage shares of top 10 source countries availing e-Tourist Visa facility during May 2015 were,USA (37.82%), Germany (9.35%), Australia (8.95%), Russian Federation (5.85%), Republic of Korea (4.30%), UAE (3.53%), Mexico (3.16%), Ukraine (3.01%), Japan (2.89%) and Singapore (2.43%).
- The percentage shares of different ports in tourist arrivals on e-Tourist Visa during May 2015 were,New Delhi (43.65%), Mumbai (22.14%), Bengaluru (9.66%), Chennai (7.25%), Hyderabad (4.55%), Kochi (3.97%) , Goa (3.81%), Kolkata (3.24%) and Trivandrum (1.73%).
Source:Press Information Bureau,Government of India.