- Agartala to become the third international internet gateway in the country after Mumbai and Chennai.
- Union Telecom Minister has launch the India-Bangladesh bandwidth connectivity programme in Agartala.
- An optical fibre cable from Agartala will be linked to a telecom cable company at Cox’s Bazar in south Bangladesh.
- The connectivity will facilitate northeastern states to be connected with reliable global telecom network, which will provide high-speed and uninterrupted telecommunication in another six months.
- Initially, BSNL will lease 10 GBPS bandwidth from Bangladesh’s lone submarine cable operator, Bangladesh Submarine Cable Company Limited (BSCCL).
Source: Times of India