About the Scheme:
- Government of Andhra Pradesh had introduced YSR ‘Abhayahastam’ on November 1, the scheme was the dream of late Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy to help the women in their latter age when they become dependent.
- The aim was to provide security to all enrolled SHG women with dignity in their old age.
- The innovative scheme offers income security and insurance cover to the women of the SGHs besides scholarships to their children.
- SHG member aged between 18-55 years having white ration card are eligible to enroll under Abhayahastam scheme.
Benefits from the Scheme:
- Every woman who will join the Abhaya Hastam could get the amount ranging between Rs.500 and Rs.2200 per month.
- YSR Abhayahastam is to provide financial assistance to women at the fag end of their life thus reducing dependence on children.
- The scheme is binding legally and there is no need to take assistance from mediators or brokers. Any irregularities detected in the implementation of the scheme would be viewed seriously.
- Govt. will deposit Rs.365/- in members Account towards Government contribution.
- Scholarship for 2 children of the member: 2400 (1200 each) for 8,9,10, Inter/ITI students.
- In case of death of Abhayahastam Beneficiary, she will be rewarded a sum of Rs. 30,000 in case of Natural Death, Rs 75,000 in case of accidental death and Rs 37,500 in case of partial disability.