Start-up Research Grant for the Young Indian Scientists
The scheme provides an opportunity for young scientists having innovative ideas which can be exploited in frontier areas of science. The purpose of this scheme is to provide a platform to young minds to pursue their innovative idea independently.
SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING RESEARCH BOARD (SERB) provides this opportunity through SCHEME FOR YOUNG SCIENTISTS.
India has been long facing the brain drain problem due to unavailability of many schemes and programs for promoting R&D. However, there are few schemes which provide financial assistance to young scientists. One such scheme is Start-Up Research Grant designed for young scientists to put their idea into work.
Main features and procedures of this scheme has been summarized below:
- Up to INR 23 Lacs can be provided for total cost of the project.
- Cost of manpower will be provided separately.
- Overhead charges for 3 years will be also provided.
- A lump sum of INR 55,000 per month fellowship will be provided to scientists provided that he is not being benefited under any other fellowship.
- He/she should be below 35 years of age (relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST/OBC and women).
- Scheme is exclusively available for Indian nationals only.
- Only for those candidates having Ph.D. in (Life Science, Physical Science, Chemical Science, Earth & Atmospheric Science, Mathematical Science), Engineering/Technology, Medicine/Surgery, Dental, Pharmacy, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Science
Or Post Graduate Degree in Medicine/Surgery, Dental & Veterinary Science.
- All the required information should be given into the proposal. The proposal should have novelty and usefulness which should lead into enrichment of scientific knowledge in that field.
- Applicants should not send their scientific proposal as a mere extension of Ph.D. work.
- Projects related to Recombinant DNA work should be certified by Institutional Biosafety Committee.
- Clinically oriented projects should be certified by Institutional Ethics Committee.
- Applications can be submitted throughout the year to SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING RESEARCH BOARD (SERB).
For downloading application and more information please visit at: