- Andhra Pradesh E-pass fee reimbursement scheme is a revolution for Indian education system.
- Every year AP state government with the help of Higher education has been issuing the scholarship very successfully.
- Former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhar Reddy fancied this scheme of reimbursing tuition fees of students belonging to weaker sections in 2008.
- EPASS means Electronic Payment & Application System of Scholarships.
- The Govt. of AP is providing financial assistance to the SC, ST, BC, PH and Economically Backward Class students (EBC), matriculation, degree graduation, intermediate and engineering students and also MCA and MBBS, MBA, PG courses through e-pass application status.
- The students belonging to SC and ST category whose annual parental income is less than two lakh rupees are eligible.
- Backward Caste, EBC and Disabled students whose parental income is less than one lakh rupees are eligible.
- The student should have at least 75% attendance in order to be eligible for fee reimbursement and other scholarship schemes.
- The fee reimbursement will be applicable for only one course in any campus.
- Second PG courses will not be considered for fee reimbursement scheme.
How it works
- The stipend or fees to be paid will be directly transferred to the present educational college or university.
- The students of pre-matric and post-matric can apply for it for fee reimbursement.
- From 2013 to 2014, the government has made Aadhaar number mandatory for students availing the scholarship.
- AP chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu has decided to pay the tuition fee and extend scholarships to students who are native to his state but residing in Telangana state.
Source: DNAIndia, EconomicTimes, APOnlineSchemes