- Around 37 consulting firms have been assigned work for preparing action plans for the 88 cities proposed to be developed as Smart Cities. The remaining 10 cities in north-eastern states and Union Territories will do so by this week end.
- While KPMG will prepare the action plan for New Delhi Municipal Council area to be developed as a smart city, McKinsey will do it for Pune.
- Urban Development Ministry would provide Rs 100 crore to each city over the next five years.
- Urban Development Ministry has already released Rs 2 cr per Mission city for the preparation of city-wise Smart City Plans.
- The selected consulting firms will prepare smart city proposals under the supervision of urban local bodies and state governments based on review of previous plans and interventions undertaken.
- Smart City Plans shall contain area development action plans and financing plan for the complete life cycle of the proposal.
- All city-wise Smart City Plans will be evaluated in the second stage of the ‘City Challenge’ competition for identifying the top ranking 20 cities for financing during the current financial year.
Source: Economic Times