Telangana has continuously been at the forefront of electronics manufacturing in the country. As technology permeates every sphere of our lives, and millions of people move into the middle classes, and as aspirations increase, Electronics is an area that assumes increasing importance. Information Technology, Electronics & Communications Department, Government of Telangana introduced Electronic Policy 2016.
The Vision anticipated for the Telangana Electronics Policy 2016 is: Promoting Telangana as the ideal destination for Electronics Industry through creation of sustainable ecosystem, making this industry a major contributor to employment and economy in the State. The State seeks to achieve this aim through :
a) Infrastructure Support
b) Access to skilled workforce
c) Supportive Policy environment
d) Tax and fiscal regime
Focus Areas :
In order to achieve the above goals for the IT department, the Government has identified 5 key focus areas:
- Development of dedicated EMCs and quality infrastructure.
- Encouraging Electronics companies by ensuring end to end supply chain for all sub-sectors.
- Human resources development.
- Promote R&D, create ecosystem for innovation and startups Improving the ease of doing business.
Incentives provided by Govt. of India under the National Electronics Policy (NPE) 2012 are as follows :
- Financial incentives under M-SIPS
- Financial assistance for greenfield and brownfield EMCs
- Development of Electronics Manufacturing Clusters by MSMEs
- Preferential market access
- Reimbursement of expenses for testing and certification required for export for MSMEs
- Reimbursement of expenses relating to compliance with “Indian Standards for MSMEs
Incentives provided by the Government of Telangana:
- Electronics Industry units are regulated and governed as per the provision of the Air Act, Water Act, and E(P) Act, 1986
- Electronics Industry companies are exempt from the purview of statutory power cuts on similar lines as the IT/ITES Industry
- Exemption of Registration, Transfer & Stamp Duty
- Power Subsidy
- Assistance in Patent Filing:
- VAT/ CST/ SGST Reimbursement
- Transport Subsidy
- Investment Subsidy:
For More Details : Click Here