The objective of the program is to protect the interest of coconut growers by making coconut farming competitive and ensuring proper returns.
About the program
This program aims at synergizing all the efforts through vertical and horizontal integration of existing programs and addresses the problems and removes the gaps through appropriate programs in Mission Mode for adequate, appropriate, timely and concurrent actions.
- Development and adoption of technologies for management of insect pests and disease affected coconut gardens
- Development and adoption of technologies for processing and product diversificati
- Market research and promotion
- Technical support, external evaluation and Emergent requirement.
- Identification of root wilt disease free palms in the midst of disease affected gardens in 8 Districts of Southern Kerala and subjected to serological /ELISA tests and making use of these palms for seed production for raising quality seedlings.
- Identification of natural microbial antagonistic agents against eriophyid mite.
- Evaluation of biological agents for management of Ganoderma/Tatipaka diseases / Stem bleeding in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and other areas;
- Studies on recycling of organic waste in reducing insect pests and disease incidence and increasing the production including the use of biological agents;
- Large scale synthesis of pheromones against red palm weevil and mass multiplication of pheromones; etc.
- Any other aspects of insect pest and disease management.
- Development of technology for insect, pest and diseases which are contrast to coconut products.
- Technology available outside the country could be imported with cost.
- Through improved cropping /farming systems.
- Through improved cultural practices including nutrient and water management.
- Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR),
- State Agricultural Universities (SAU’s)
- State Agriculture/ Horticulture departments
- Public sector/Non-governmental organizations (NGO’s)
- Registered cooperative societies/Individuals/ Group of farmers.
- Any institute having capability to adopt technology
For more details click here