- Delhiites have been facing difficulties in commuting due to shortage of buses in the national capital.
- So, Transport Minister has asked the Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System (DIMTS) to add 1,000 new orange buses, including 300 AC buses, to its fleet within the next six months after getting land for depots.
- As per the court’s order, both DTC and DIMTS, have to run 5,500 buses each in the national capital.
- The minister said government has identified land in Rani Khera, Ghuman Hera, Dichaon Kalan, Dwarka and Kham pur to construct bus depots.
- The Transport Minister also directed the officials to arrange counseling sessions for the drivers of cluster buses, aiming at sensitizing them towards driving, traffic rules and behaviour towards passengers.
Home / Ministries / Infrastructure Related / Transport and Shipping / 1,000 new cluster buses likely to be seen on Delhi roads soon
A unique eco-friendly last mile connectivity transport service with integrated security features and women drivers ...