- Delhiites have been facing difficulties in commuting due to shortage of buses in the national capital.
- So, Transport Minister has asked the Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System (DIMTS) to add 1,000 new orange buses, including 300 AC buses, to its fleet within the next six months after getting land for depots.
- As per the court’s order, both DTC and DIMTS, have to run 5,500 buses each in the national capital.
- The minister said government has identified land in Rani Khera, Ghuman Hera, Dichaon Kalan, Dwarka and Kham pur to construct bus depots.
- The Transport Minister also directed the officials to arrange counseling sessions for the drivers of cluster buses, aiming at sensitizing them towards driving, traffic rules and behaviour towards passengers.
1,000 new cluster buses likely to be seen on Delhi roads soon
Dry bulk cargo currently makes up 26% of the cargo handled at the 12 major ...